Cluster Dextrin™ can increase endurance (or stamina) in athletes when used as a component of sports nutrition or as a 'ready to mix' (RTM) powder.
Cluster Dextrin™ can improve the sour or bitter taste of vinegar- or vegetable-based beverages. The low pH of such beverages gives them a strong sour taste, which is too sharp or unpleasant for many people. By adding Cluster Dextrin, this sour taste can be ameliorated without changing the pH. Bitter tastes of green tea or other food can also be effectively improved.
Cluster Dextrin™ is especially suitable as a spray drying aid for oil. By using Cluster Dextrin, an item can be given a high oil content. The powdered oil can easily be dispersed in water, and it is hard to absorb humidity, and hard to be blocked. Furthermore, powdered oil based on Cluster Dextrin has a higher oxidative stability than other dextrin-based powders. We recommend Cluster Dextrin for powdering oxidation-labile oils such as DHA and EPA. Cluster Dextrin is also suitable as a spray drying aid for water-soluble substances such as extracts of fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of Cluster Dextrin™
- 1 Cluster Dextrin is highly soluble in water, and the solution is highly stable during storage. Cluster Dextrin contributes little to osmotic pressure, and has a relatively low propensity for retrogradation, sludging, and/or caking of a clear solution.
- 2 Cluster Dextrin™ is said to provide sustained energy during exercise, which can help improve endurance and delay fatigue.
- 3 Cluster Dextrin™ may also help to reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time after intense exercise.
- 4 Cluster Dextrin™ has low osmolality which makes it easy to digest and less likely to cause stomach discomfort compared to other carbohydrate sources.
- 5 Cluster Dextrin™ has a low glycemic index, which means it is less likely to cause spikes in blood sugar levels.
- 6 Cluster Dextrin™ is also considered a good hydration source during exercise, as it can help to maintain blood glucose levels and keep the body hydrated.
- 7 The sweetness of Cluster Dextrin™ is low compared with the sweetness of dextrin with a relatively high DE.